This article applies to:
- Trustwave MailMarshal (SEG)
- Trustwave SEG Service Provider Edition
- Trustwave ECM/MailMarshal Exchange
- Marshal Reporting Console
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Will Trustwave SEG, ECM, or WebMarshal work with a new Windows version?
- Will Trustwave SEG, ECM, or WebMarshal work with a new Windows service pack?
- Will Trustwave SEG, ECM, WebMarshal, or Marshal Reporting Console work with a new SQL Server service pack?
Trustwave tests each SEG, ECM, and WebMarshal release with specific Windows versions.
The product installer will notify you if you are installing the product on a Windows version that has not yet been tested (this feature is present in current supported versions).
For the latest list of tested Windows versions, see the following Trustwave Knowledgebase articles:
- Q11358 (Trustwave SEG, WebMarshal, Marshal Reporting Console)
- Q11588 (Trustwave SEG Service Provider Edition)
- Q14131 (Trustwave ECM)
Trustwave recommends that any production installation of these products should be on a fully tested version of Windows.
Trustwave tests software with specific versions of Microsoft SQL Server. SQL commands and features can change between version releases. Use only the tested versions.
- If a minimum Service Pack is specified for SQL, be sure you have applied at least the minimum Service Pack.
Service Packs and Windows Updates:
Historically, core functionality of the products listed has rarely, if ever, been affected by Service Pack or Microsoft Update changes to Windows or SQL Server. However, Trustwave cannot guarantee future performance.
- If product functionality is affected by Service Packs or Microsoft Updates, Trustwave will work with customers to restore functionality. If a full resolution requires product development, it might not be available immediately.
This article will be updated with information about any known issues with specific new versions of Windows.
- Windows 10: Validated for all components with current versions of SEG and WebMarshal.
- Note that Trustwave recommends use of a server operating system for email/web processing, Array Manager, and SEG web components.
- Windows Server 2019: Tested and supported with the latest releases of SEG and WebMarshal.
- Windows Server 2016: Tested and supported with the latest releases of the named products.
- SQL 2017: Validated with the latest releases of SEG and WebMarshal.
- SQL 2016: Validated with the latest releases of SEG, ECM, and WebMarshal.
- SQL 2014: Validated with the latest releases of SEG, ECM, and WebMarshal.
- Marshal Reporting Console and SQL: The latest edition of SQL server that is tested with MRC is SQL 2016.
- SQL 2012 and above requires MRC 2.6.
- Note that current versions of SQL Server may require a current Windows version.