This article applies to:
- Trustwave MailMarshal (SEG)
- Trustwave ECM/MailMarshal Exchange 5.X, 7.X
- Trustwave SPE/MailMarshal SPE
- WebMarshal 3.5 and above
- Can I run Marshal products on virtual machines?
- Will Marshal products run on VMWare?
- Will Marshal products run on Hyper-V Servers?
Trustwave will support customers running the products named above, on the supported Operating Systems for those products, in a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine environment that supports the Operating System version and bitness (32 or 64 bit).
Trustwave will provide unqualified support for the base products named above running in the named virtual environments, in an identical manner as with base products running on any supported hardware based systems, without initially requiring reproduction of issues on native hardware. Should Trustwave suspect that the virtualization layer is the root cause of an incident, the customer will be required to contact the appropriate virtualization technology support provider to resolve the issue.
While the named products are expected to function properly in VMware and Hyper-V virtual environments, there may be performance implications which can invalidate the published typical sizing and recommendations.
- If you run multiple virtual machines on a single physical server, ensure that the server has enough resources (memory, processor, disk) to support all virtual machines.
- To ensure adequate disk performance, where you have created more than one virtual disk, you may require more than one physical disk drive. Remember that file system response in virtual machines is dependent on physical disk operation. Unpacking and SQL database operations are disk intensive.
As a real-time application, WebMarshal has special requirements. For more information about WebMarshal in virtualized environments, see Trustwave Knowledgebase article Q14312.
For information about operating system prerequisites for Trustwave products, see the release notes for the specific product version.
Information for the latest SEG/MailMarshal and WebMarshal versions is summarized in the following Trustwave Knowledgebase article:
- Q11358: Supported Operating Systems and Prerequisite Versions
For information about the versions of virtualization software that support specific Operating System versions, consult the documentation for the virtualization software.