This article applies to:
- Trustwave SEG
- File Type detection
- What new variants of file types are recognized by the latest MailMarshal File Type update?
Note: For a list of more recent File Type updates, see article Q20446.
File Type 7.10.1 is included in Trustwave SEG 7.2.2.
This version provides enhanced recognition of the following types:
- Word (Mac OSX)
- Excel 2003
- PDF files that do not begin with the string
%PDF (header in the document source) do not comply with the PDF standard. These files are now recognized separately.
- Note that recent versions of Adobe software enforce compliance with the standard. For more information see Adobe documentation.
- AppleDouble header
- OLE compound document
This version adds the following types to the recognized list:
- 3GPP video
- Adobe Flash audio
- Adobe Flash video
- HD Photo (wdp)
- Adobe Indesign document
- InfoSlips document
- Java object serialization
- LYME self extracting archive
- Microsoft build .cache
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Debugging Symbols (PDB)
- Oracle Report Definition Files
- Packet Capture (PCAP)
- SQLite database
For a full listing of recognized types, see article Q10858.
You can use the "Not Spam" submission in the MailMarshal Console to submit files that are not recognized (Binary Unknowns) to Trustwave.
These submissions will be considered for inclusion in future file type updates.