This article applies to:
- Marshal Reporting Console 2.6
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- FIPS-compliant algorithms
- Installing MRC or running scheduled reports
- GUI warning or event log entry: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms
- Where SQL Server SSRS is run in FIPS-compliant mode, there is a known issue with cryptography selections. The MD5 algorithm may be used, and it is not FIPS-compliant.
To resolve this issue, modify the web.config file for the SSRS instance.
- Locate the web.config file, by default in <system-drive>\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS<version>.<instance>\Reporting Services\ReportManager\
- Make a backup copy of the file.
- In the system.web section add the following line:
<machineKey validationKey="AutoGenerate,IsolateApps" decryptionKey="AutoGenerate,IsolateApps" validation="3DES" decryption="3DES"/>
- Make the same change to the web.config file for the ReportServer, by default in <system-drive>\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS<version>.<instance>\Reporting Services\ReportServer\
- Restart the SQL SSRS instance.
For more information see the related links below.